Thursday, December 9, 2010

Confessions of an OTR-aholic

  • I rarely (and I mean very rarely) listen to any of the music on any variety or comedy shows. I will speed right by them.  In most cases I have found few songs that last more than two minutes.
  • The absolute worst music in the world are those tenors like Kenny Baker or Dennis Day.
  • I really don't like any of the Christmas shows, except the Westerns.
  • I really enjoy a lot of radio shows that were meant for children (The Adventures of Superman and Speed Gibson of the International Secret Police - just to name two.)
  • I can't go to sleep listening to any program that is filled with swing music.
  • If I do fall asleep when listening to a program with swing music, it wakes me up.
  • I rarely listen to the show's "tag."
  • I can't stand TV commercials but I enjoy radio commercials.
  • The most-talented radio actor (and movie actor as well) was Orson Welles - and it's really not even close (on the radio.)
  • I freak out when I hear how some words in the 1940-era were pronounced differently than they are today (yes, I am keeping track of this for a post later.)
  • I can't read and listen to OTR at the same time.
  • The thing I like to do best when listening to OTR is to play solitaire.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about music and OTR. One thing the quality is not good enough, so the music is very distorted. Also, I rather listen to a story.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...