Thursday, December 9, 2010

At your service: versatile actor John Brown

I've been asked to post about John Brown.  

CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ENLARGE




Herald-Journal Sept. 1949




John Brown is a mystery. He doesn't even have a Wikipedia entry.

What's odd; the guy was everywhere in old-time radio - and he was a great actor with several dialects.

I loved him in every role I can think of, including my favorite role of his, Broadway, on the Damon Runyon Theater.

Not that much else exists (free on the net) about versatile John Brown. I will watch for new information in the future.

You can actually find a lot more information here; I can't post particulars for a number of reasons, including Google copyright violations.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with what you dug up on John Brown. IMPRESSED. Great stuff. Did you find out anything about being 'black balled' because of the McCarthy hearings. I thought I remembered that and do not think I am wrong on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I dug this stuff up myself.

    No word about John Brown other than what I posted. I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...