Wednesday, December 15, 2010

People are smokey



"Cigaret" used to be the accepted spelling of cigarette. I'm not sure exactly when this changed but after all this research I have done, I can tell you that this occurs sometime shortly after World War II.

It may be as late as 1955 or 1956.

It's funny, the article invites "historians of the future" (that would be us) to know you used to could travel a little more than a half of a mile on a cigaret. I dare say you could probably go a lot further than that today; however, I never have smoked and don't care to really know the figures.

Cigarets were often given away to US servicemen (that really made a LOT of sense, didn't it!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...