Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hooper Ratings '43



I find this very interesting.  Firstly, Bob Hope's show is what I'd classify as "okay."  It's generally not very funny.  There seems to be a lot of inside jokes and certainly a lot of topical humor about what was going on in the news at the time.  Hope mentions the names of congressmen and senators, many of which I have never heard of.  So the jokes about those fellows aren't so funny.  But there's Bob Hope at #1, anyway.

Edgar Bergen and his dummies sit at #3 and that's another show that really doesn't hold up that well today.  While not a horrible show, certainly a show that probably isn't in my top 25 all-time.

Take It or Leave it is a very fun quiz show that few have heard but this quiz is delightful.

Most surprising to me is how far down the line The Great Gildersleeve is.  That show really holds up well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...