Friday, January 28, 2011

Yippee!/Argh! (Boring blog stuff)

I'm doing a bunch of research (as always) and guess what?  I found that the Billboard Radio Program Reviews were there all the time, I just had to skip to 1947 while Billboard turned their attention to television (again, I ask why?  A three year skip????)

This is both joyous news and it's also bad really news (for me.)

The 1942-1944 review blog as it is now constitutes hours and hours of work and research.  1947-1960 or 1961 will provide many more hours of work.

However, I have an idea that may not require so much work.  While the Billboard Review arm of this site gets very little attention, I suggest to you the finished product will prove invaluable.  But now, I must devise a different system as I can't continue to do everything I am doing without falling apart at the seams - it's just way too much work.

I am in the process still of obtaining advertisements from various newspapers but once finished, I will begin reworking the Billboard blog (perhaps, moving it to a new location and beginning from scratch - and creating a whole new system that will force me to only reproduce 50 reviews a day.  This will take a while but [deep breath] so does everything else I am doing.)

Actually, I am very happy to find the reviews, even though it may sound like I am not.  The reviews add an entirely new and important aspect to the overall theme of OTR WORLD (the eventual name of all of this when I finally start making decent headway in the project.)

As long as you people don't expect me to finish everything overnight (and I know you don't) then I suppose everything is fine.  It's just I drive myself very hard to finish incomplete things - so you can realize how I am literally driving myself crazy with this gigantic vision/OTR Monster I have created.  (Actually, OTR Monster - or something similar - might be a better name than OTR World.  I know no one will write to tell me, but if you have an idea for the name of the conglomeration of blogs, send them in.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...