Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weird story/A big OTR surprise

Lately, I have been intrigued about Cliff Arquette.  Who is Cliff Arqueete, you ask?

Like me, perhaps you didn't know the name. But I've been pouring myself into research lately about OTR and have found out Cliff Arquette is actually Charlie Weaver. They are the same person.

That's odd enough because Arquette created the personality in 1942 and then in 1959 or so, BECAME that person for the rest of his life.

Ok that's pretty odd, you say. Now let me turn your world upside down.

"Uncle Charlie Weaver" - say it outloud. Does it sound familiar? Yes, you say - it's the Charlie Weaver in this photograph here.

Yes, yes, yes. I know that and you know that. But the name, "Uncle Charlie Weaver." Doesn't ring a bell?

Would it help if I told you Cliff Arquette played the character known as "Uncle Charlie" on the Great Gildersleeve? Perhaps you'll remember if I told you that he was the maintenance man down in the shack by the lake for the waterworks (remember, for a time, Gildy was the Water Commissioner.)

Uncle Charlie = Cliff Arquette = Uncle Charlie Weaver!
This from an OTR collector's newsletter from the early 1970's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...