Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Random Jimbo lists

Best Opening:
1. Nick Carter, Master Detective (door banging)
2. Fort Laramie

Dumbest characters:
1. Finnegan (Duffy's Tavern)
2. Cedric Weehunt (Lum and Abner)
3. Abner Peabody (Lum and Abner)
4. Irma (My Friend Irma)
5. Chester Riley (Life of Riley)

Blah!
1. George Raft as Rocky Jordan
2. Anyone but Bob Bailey as Johnny Dollar
3. Chester Morris as Boston Blackie
4. Anyone except Orson Welles as The Shadow

Most Underrated show:
1. Sherlock Holmes starring Tom Conway

Really, really, really not funny:
1. It Pays to Be Ignorant
2. Mr. Meek
3, Mr. Blandings

Made for each Other:
1. Jack Benny and Mel Blanc
2. Chester Lauck and Norris Goff (Lum and Abner)
3. Orson Welles and Agnes Moorehead
4. William Bendix and John Brown

3 comments:

  1. For the classic best openning I go with the Lone Ranger. I introduced each of my seven grandchildren to the beginning of the show. The William Tell Overture and lead narrative. I also like the beginning of Have Gun Will Travel. Dumbest characters: Pretty much agree with you. I do not listen to Lum and Abner, so can not comment on them. Kingfish and Andy of Amos and Andy are not too bright either. I agree with your list on 'blah.' I think there are a lot of 'Made for each other' category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure why you don't listen to Lum and Abner: sound quality. I can undertsnad that. That's one reason why I am in the process of trying to fix the sound on as many of those as possible. Plus getting ride of 3 minutes or more of organ music on there... if you have listened to the live version of Lum and Abner before a studio audience, they are HORRIBLE doing that. Otherwise, L&A are fabulous. ;)

    I didn't think of the Lone Ranger or Tarzan for that matter - may have included one or the other if I had. Love the guy beating on the door for Nick Carter. It's one of life's pleasure's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Nick Carter as a show and the opening is good.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...