Sunday, February 20, 2011

One of the best: Twenty Questions

Back on January 21st, I wrote about my favorite 75 radio shows, with the criteria that to qualify for the list, I had to have heard at least 7 shows.

At that time, I had only heard 5 shows of Twenty QuestionsTwenty Questions is just like the game you played as a kid or a teen, where you (actually a panel of five) can ask up to 20 questions to guess whatever the show has cooked up: an animal, vegetable or mineral.

You don't have to be a mental giant to enjoy the show.  Twenty Questions was heralded in it's day for being a family show that everyone from blue collar pop to 7 year-old junior could enjoy.  It was also different from the rise of the stunt game show, which was widely popular at the time, but also received a lot of negative press as well.

It was fun entertainment then and still is.  You will be surprised how quickly a half an hour goes by while listening to the show.  I'd probably put it somewhere in the 40's in my Top 75 List...

There are now 10 shows available.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I just asked you about this show this morning. Should have come here first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you owe me a Red Creme Soda.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...