Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dum-de-dum-dum!

Actress Peggy Miller

Peggy Miller was a frequent character actress in many radio shows. She had many of these roles in Dragnet (The TV version too), often playing a lady whose purse had been stolen or perhaps as someone who wrote bad checks.

But she also (and here's where the dum-de-dum-dum comes in) played Joe Friday's elderly mother! And I'll bet that you - like me - always thought of the actress playing her as a very old lady!

I think finding out who-is-who is part of the fun of researching old radio. (By the way, I haven't given up on OTR People or any of the other sites, I just need a rest for a bit; I was working too hard!)

2 comments:

  1. Peggy Miller reflects why radio was a great form of entertainment. You could play all kinds of roles that could not have been done on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo. Great point. (Beulah comes to mind...)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...