Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lear and the most intriguing 3½ minute interview ever!

There was a series of programs known as Lear that came out around the end of World War II.

They were, simply, a series of 15 minute commentaries from Orson Welles.

They are outstanding.  I mean that: outstanding.

I'll grant you, most of what he talks about in his commentaries is outdated; however, his words remain compelling, even when he is talking about the OPA or an atomic test on the Bikini Islands or inflation.

One of the files I found is a short, 3½ minute interview he did over the phone.  I'd love for you to listen to this interview and not find yourself "touched."  Never was anything so real and compelling on radio:



Download all of Lear:

Snippett Doris Miller's father interview
Lear 450923
The OPA is Dead
Bikini Atomic Test
OPA - one year extention
Affadavit of Issac Wood
The Peacemakers
To Be Born Free
Welles Film Banned
The Place Was Batesburg

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, that was powerful radio. Odd also that Navy kid was named 'doris.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment.

    Yes I was surprised at the name as well.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...