Thursday, January 6, 2011

Auditions... blecch!

I hate to listen to auditions. When I do listen, I find that things are different and I don't like "different."

Sometimes-annoying Norma Jean Nilsson
For instance, the other day I finally listened to the audition of Father Knows Best.  Instead of the Anderson family, they were the Henderson family.  That just doesn't work.   I was expecting a sasquatch to show up in the show.

There was one drastic improvement in the audition though.  The girl who played Kathy (not sure who she was) was a lot better than the Kathy (Norma Jean Nilson) on the regular show. 

Lucky Stone
Now that's funny because I love lil Norma Jean on Jack Carson's show (she plays the little neighborhood girl.)  But I'd strangle her if I lived in the Henderson (oops Anderson) neighborhood.

And I listened to the audition (and further) of Nightbeat, where Randy Stone is a night time reporter for a Chicago newspaper.

However, in the audition and for a few episodes after, he is not Randy but "Lucky!"  That makes me cringe.

In the audition, which is one of the better auditions I have heard, he acts like he could star in a 1950's Die Hard film.  He gets himself into one serious scrape after another chasing a guy whom he thinks killed his old friend.

2 comments:

  1. Great Great site. Can't believe you have been putting out simply so much good stuff here. I'm a member of the various OTR groups via Yahoo and I'll certainly be checking your site out now. Keep up the excellent work! Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying yourself, Andy. Please come back and stuff yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...