Thursday, March 3, 2011

RIP OTR People blog

As much as I want to finish it, there is no way I can ever finish OTR People.  I will leave OTR People where it is but I have abandoned it forever.  (Besides, there is another website out there trying to do nearly the same thing as I was doing.)

While the other stuff on this blog is time-consuming, OTR People was really time-consuming. I remember working almost 7 hours one day on it - I had started on "BA_" and when I was finished I wasn't even half way finished with "BA_."

There's a lot of research involved and while I love doing it, I can't do it and do everything else on the blog too.

It will be replaced (in a different spot) with Say Hello to... . "Say Hello to" will be a spot where I stick tiny biographies and photos or links to photos and perhaps even a link to Casts (something I set up yesterday that doesn't require a blog on it's own.)  Most of the bios are already done as I swiped them from magazines.

These won't be bios of major stars like Jack Benny but of minor players or of people you probably haven't even heard of.

Despite the work involved in all of this (and other ideas I have that will perpetuate even more arms and legs (blogs all linked together) I do love doing this. But I have to be realistic. Doing OTR People would be a lifetime job and it would take my complete dedication and time to finish.

Anyway, it's all for the best. But I am sad to see it go...

©Jimbo 2010/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...