Best juvenile series:
3. Challenge of the Yukon - Almost every show's formula is the same but it's still something that's fun to listen to. The colder it is outside, the more fun the show is.
2. Speed Gibson of the International Secret Police - Series One is much more fun than the second series but it's hard to beat the first series. The first series ranks somewhere in my top ten all-time best.
1. The Adventures of Superman - There are so many episodes, so many arcs and the sound is darn good on most of them. Bud Collyer is a perfect radio Superman and it's just fun.
Best situation comedy:
3. Burns and Allen - Even with the Duck and the postman, the show somehow ranks in my top 3.
3. The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - Not only is the radio show a blast but so are the 50 or so television episodes you can find online.
2. Amos 'n' Andy - By the time this show reached the 1950's, they found the perfect comedy formula. It's darn funny and there isn't anything racial about the show at all except 'dialect.' Dialect isn't raciscm.
1. Fibber McGee and Molly - Jim Jordan was overlooked as a comedian. He belongs in the same category as the great ones. The show was funny from the 1930's to the mid 1950's.