Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tiny hodge-podge about Majors and minors

1978
I hope you click the photo on the left and know that with a Blu-ray DVD, you could probably fit every piece of audio and literature in that photo onto a single disc.

That shows you how times have changed.  The world of technology and computers continues to change us all, giving us more and more information in less space and greater speeds...

When I was a kid, I remember my mom and dad talking about a 'Major Bowes.'  To me, Major Bowes was someone who must have been in the military.  I never asked about Major Bowes, I only accepted the fact that there was such a man....

Speaking of majors, both Danny Kaye (Seattle Mariners) and Bob Hope (Cleveland Indians) owned interests in Major League baseball teams...

One of my favorite films was "The Major and the Minor"; a fine film starring Ray Milland and Ginger Rogers...

The other day, I jotted down a list of kids in radio who eventually went on to TV and films: Walter Tetley, Dick Van Patten, Jackie Kelk, Dick York, Mason Adams, Bobby Breen - those are just a few.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Metro Goldwyn Memories in Chicago

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...