Friday, September 23, 2011

Thank you

I went back yesterday and re-read my first day of blogging on this site.  The first thing I blogged was called, "Hodge Podge" - something I had forgotten.  I have used, "Hodge Podging" variations on several post titles in the almost 10 months since I started this blog.

When I first started the blog, I had no idea that in 10 months, there would be well over 2000 posts on this blog and the others I do - all related to this one.

I would have never guessed there would be a dictionary (The Lum and Abner variety) which is about half finished.  (For those who don't know, there is a lot that goes into writing a dictionary!)

Who knew there would be 100's of sound clips?  When this blog started, I had never heard of Vic and Sade and now I spend 2-5 hours a day on a blog devoted to the show.

When this blog started I didn't know how to clean up audio files.  Today, I'm better at it than I was yesterday.

There are now close to 3000 articles posted on all of my blogs put together.  That's in almost 10 and a half months time - or about 300 days.  That's an average of 10 articles a day.

Some days there isn't much going on at the Buffet.  I try to stuff the Buffet with news and other things but there are days when I simply cannot find any news or I am exhausted from running the other blogs or exhausted from looking for news.  I don't think any of you realize how many hours a day I spend researching/blogging.  I get up around 3:30 each morning to be able to do this.

Thank goodness for the people who agree to be interviewed and return them to me.   For every interview you have read on the Buffet, there are 2 more that never came back.  But the interviews have been awesome.  I have learned a lot and met some wonderful, wonderful people.

There's some time involved in coming up with questions for people.  Thankfully, I have a lot of friends who now help me with coming up with questions for my interviews - all I have to do is ask and they seem to come through.

My friend Boston Blackie is always there for me.  I can bounce ideas off of him or ask him to write something; the man is always there to help.  He's been there since day one.  He encourages me, he sends me links, he writes comments to the blog - without him, I think I might have given up long ago.  He's not only been a big help, he's been a friend.  His wife even gives her opinions - and I want to thank her as well.  You know I am here for you to help you when you need me.


To all of you others out there who do the same things - send me links and material, those who comment, those who send me email, those who contribute in any little way, I appreciate you and the things you do.

I am very thankful to my anonymous friend at the Cobalt Club who helps me by letting me use his finds and helping me almost weekly identify things I am unable to identify.  Your kindness and class is overwhelming and I want to thank you.  You know I am here for you to help you when you need me.


A very special thank you to Jim Beshires of OTRR who has allowed and given me all kinds of freedoms and kindnesses and has been a friend since the day I met him.   You know I am here for you to help you when you need me.

To all of you others that I know I have forgotten, there are so many of you - thank you all.

And to you that take the time to read this over the various other blogs, thank you as well.  Thanks to all the Tweeters out there who retweet my stuff!

Why am I doing this?  Am I going to die soon?  I hope not!

But one never knows about tomorrow.  I just wanted you people to know I do appreciate you.

©Jimbo 2010/2011

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I thank you for your nice words. We do enjoy Jimbo's OTRR Buffet.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...