Monday, May 9, 2011

Hound of the Baskervilles - the movie

Somehow, I had been unfortunate my whole life to have missed all the Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce films in which they portrayed Sherlock Holmes.

Well this weekend, I seized that opportunity as the duo was on TCM in their most famous (and best film) adventure, The Hound of the Baskevilles, easily an Arthur Conan Doyle's classics - and probably the best Sherlock Holmes adventure on film.

The story was fine and Rathbone and Bruce work every well together on camera - just as on radio.  It was a lot of fun watching the two work.

If you enjoy Sherlock Holmes - especially Rathbone as Holmes, you should go and rent this film.  It's a classic and most video stores should have it.

©Jimbo 2010/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...