Saturday, June 18, 2011

Reminder: Marxisms

Just wanted to remind you of my new blog, Marxisms.

I am having a lot of fun putting it together.  It makes me laugh constantly.  Groucho's timing was impeccable.  As you will see, his timing got better as the show went on through the years.

On the show, You Bet Your Life, Groucho was just funny.  It may be true that some contestants were steered as to what to say and maybe Groucho knew some of it beforehand - I really have no idea if this is true or not.  The only reason I think this could be possible is because Groucho is hilarious and says just the right thing - almost every time.  As if he knew what was coming.

Perhaps it was that the real genius of Groucho was that he knew how to set people up to say the things he wanted them to say!  Could that be his true genius?

At any rate, I'm quite sure you will have fun over at Marxisms.  I'm going to do go through the whole You Bet Your Life series and throw in clips from other places.


©Jimbo 2010/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...