Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This and that - a tiny hodge-podge

Sorry for the lack of updates the last 3 days.  I have been really busy.  Not just busy with the podcasts but helping a friend who is sight-impaired build a website. Hopefully by tomorrow I can start looking for news you can use again.

I have done two complete podcasts and since Friday is the 1st, I will start running them then.  They will be found on another blog but more details as time goes on.  The podcasts will average 10 minutes each.  As for the two I have completed, one ran 8:12 and the other almost 11:30.  This is going to be an everyday thing!

I used original music for the opening and closing themes.
 -
Have you ever noticed that when people got sun-tanned in OTR they called it a sun-burn?

Mary Livingstone:  You look good with that sun burn!
Jack Benny: Why, thank you.

You know it couldn't have possibly been a burn - no one looks good with a burn.  And I have heard this many times.
-
I tried doing 2 different things this weekend that did not quite work.  You'e going to think I am crazy but...

I tried to make a song out of Gildersleeve and Leroy from their own voice inflections.  This actually went pretty well for a while and then I got stuck and it was taking up too much time.  :(

But even crazier than that was editing out Leroy on Great Gildersleeve and replacing him with Julius Abruzio on The Phil Harris-Alice Faye Show (and vice versa.)  This actually went amazingly well as "Leroy" turned into a very bad child.

Here was my quandry - is it right to do this?  I kind of felt guilty the whole time and eventually I shelved the idea - plus, it was another humongous time-killer.  I really don't have time to waste on stuff like that.

I had planned on surprising you with it on April Fool's Day but have backed out.




©Jimbo 2010/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...