Monday, January 21, 2013

More about audience participation

This past weekend, I posted about audience participation and Eddie Cantor.

It got me thinking about shows who would encourage applause when actors entered one year and then obviously discouraged this practice the next.   This is most evident on the Jack Benny Show.  Skip around different years and you will see what I mean: Phil Harris gets a big ovation one year and then the next, nothing!

This probably wasn't a big deal in real time but we have a chance to listen to any surviving show at will and if you just happen to be listening on "shuffle" then you may notice a difference right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of this post or this site! It only take a few seconds and I'd really appreciate your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...